This is the first of five modules in the Core Unit of Competency in Visual Graphic Design (VGD) NC III.
This unit covers the knowledge, skills, and attitude required to incorporate visual design and communication principles into developing plans for a logo for use in various industries.
Method of Teaching
Full Online, Self-paced, with consultations via video conferencing platforms.
156 hours (19 days)
What will be covered
The Visual Graphic Design (VGD) NC III program comprises basic, standard, and core competencies. This module will cover the below module content. Plus, the free Learning Management System (LMS) access to the Visual Graphic Design (VGD) NC III Basic and Common Units of Competency.
- Learning Outcome 1: Receive and interpret the logo design brief
- Learning Outcome 2: Select materials & equipment to develop the logo design
- Learning Outcome 3: Develop logo design concepts
- Learning Outcome 4: Edit / Revise logo design
- Learning Outcome 5: Finalize logo design
- Must have completed at least 10 yrs—of primary education or an alternative learning systems (ALS) certificate of completion with a grade 10 equivalent holder.
- Must have drawing and drafting skills.
- Can communicate either orally and in writing
- Must have computer operation skills and at least one graphic software knowledge and skill.
- Must pass the aptitude and artistic/talent determination test given by the institution
- Computer with the following software already installed:
- Must have a stable internet connection
- Adobe Apps for Graphic Design bundle course or get tested for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)***
*** This is a pre-requisite course before taking any Core Modules. Students may also submit requirements and get tested for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) if they have experience using the three programs or similar platforms.
- Duly accomplished Learners Profile Form (MIS 03-01)
- Four pieces of passport-size colored photo
- white background
- shirt with collar
- with name in front (digital text is acceptable)
- Photocopy of any valid government ID (showing the correct spelling of your full name).
- Photocopy of birth certificate